Schedule an Appointment
Call the City Clerk's Passport Services Line at 619-533-4000 Voice [619-236-7012 TTY] or make your own appointment via our online scheduling system.
City Administration Building
202 C Street, Lobby
1分11选5San Diego,CA 92101
Walk-In Service Appointment Only Service
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday-Friday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
NO Cash, Credit or Debit Cards accepted.
Public Notice: The PAF will temporarily relocate its passport processing operations on the 2nd floor of the City Administration Building on Friday, January 24, 2020 (only).
PAF Closures: Passport Services will closed Monday, January 27 between 9 and 11 a.m.
Passport Fair Hours: 1分11选5Walk-In Services hours will be limited between 11 and 1 p.m. during our Passport Fairs on the following dates in 2020: January, 15, February 12, March 25, April 22, May 20, June 24, July 8, August 19 and September 23.
*Date(s) subject to change without notice. Please call in advance to confirm.
- For the latest information on how to apply for a passport, and for current passport processing times, please be sure to check the website.
- You may pick up an application at the Clerk's Passport Services office or download the form from the Passport Agency's website: .
- The form must be completed, but not signed, prior to arriving for your appointment. NOTE: Black ink is required.
- Two separate checks/money orders required per application.
Please Come Prepared
Bring these six (6) items with you to your appointment:
- In black ink, a completed, UNSIGNED application.
You must sign the application in front of the passport agent
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship.
All documents must be originals.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate, OR
- Previous U.S. passport*, OR
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, OR
- Naturalization Certificate, OR
- Certificate of Citizenship
*Note: For Minors under Age 16, you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). Check the Passport Agency website for further information on proof of relationship regarding .
Submit a photocopy showing the front and back of the original Identification document presented. Copy must be one-sided on plain white, 8-1/2x11 standard paper.
- Current, valid driver's license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
- Passport Photos
- Photo Service is available from the City Clerk for $12, OR
- Bring one (1) color passport photo, 2x2 in size, taken within the past six (6) months. Please check the Passport Agency website for further requirements regarding .
The City Clerk accepts personal checks or money orders ONLY. No cash, credit or debit cards are accepted.
- Two payments are required: one made payable to "Department of State," and one made payable to "City Treasurer."
- Both payments must be made either with a personal check, or with a money order.
Go to for the current U.S. Department of State fee schedule.
1分11选5For most renewals, you do not need to appear in person.
You can renew by mail if:
- Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged;
- You received the passport within the past 15 years;
- You were over age 16 when it was issued;
- You still have the same name, or can legally document your name-change
1分11选5If your passport has been altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.
For more information on how to renew a passport, please visit the . You can get a passport renewal application form by downloading it here: .
For other questions or concerns, see the Frequently Asked Questions, call 619-533-4000 Voice [619-236-7012 TTY], or email [email protected].